Benefits of Buying At A Dealership
Purchasing a new or new-to-you vehicle is a monumental task that involves research, budgeting, test drives, and a lot of shopping. One of the first things you’ll have to decide is where to shop. While you can purchase a used vehicle from a private seller, this option is often riskier and more complicated than shopping at a dealership. Dealerships specialize in car sales, so they can offer a wealth of benefits you simply won’t get elsewhere. Here are some of the top benefits of buying your next vehicle from us at our Bachman Volkswagen dealership.
Nothing in the private sector compares to the selection that you’ll enjoy when you shop at a new and used car dealership. While you can now browse postings for private car sales online in many places, you still have to make an in-person visit to assess the actual condition of a car. Photos only go so far, and you can’t always trust a private seller to provide accurate information about their vehicle. This can lead to dozens of individual visits to different locations where you’ll get to see only one car at a time.
When you visit a car dealership, you’ll find dozens of new and used cars on the lot. You can test drive multiple models in the same afternoon, easily comparing your top picks back-to-back. If you’re looking for a particular make and model, a car dealership can usually help you locate that exact car. Many dealerships participate in cooperative networks and regularly trade used vehicles with one another. This can save you hours of driving to find that coveted car you’ve found online in another city, streamlining the entire shopping experience and getting you the exact vehicle you need.
Greater Peace of Mind
A private seller isn’t regulated by the state and federal laws that govern car dealerships. Dealerships must adhere to several rules and regulations from various entities. Some of those include the following:
- The Equal Opportunity Act: Dealerships may not discriminate in any sale based on race, sex, nationality, religion, color, or marital status.
- The Used Car Rule: Enforced by the Federal Trade Commission, the Used Car Rule ensures that customers get proper information and documentation regarding a used car sale. This includes a breakdown of the car’s major mechanical and electrical systems and detailed information on the car’s existing warranties.
- Truth-in-Advertising Regulations: Dealerships can’t publish misleading ads or make untrue claims.
- Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Programs: If a dealership lists CPO vehicles, you can rest assured that these cars have gone through a rigorous inspection and met strict requirements for participation in this program.
Since a car dealership must operate as an ongoing business, they’ll put more time, effort, and care into serving you as an individual customer. On the other hand, an individual seller may have very little motivation to provide the best sale or service since they probably don’t sell vehicles regularly.
Car Warranty Protection
You’ll get the best warranty protection from a new car dealership inventory. Volkswagen Carefree Coverage comes standard on all new models. This coverage includes the following:
- Scheduled carefree maintenance for 20,000 miles or two years.
- Three years of Volkswagen roadside assistance.
- New vehicle limited warranty for 50,000 miles or four years.
- Five years of access to the myVW app.
If you’d prefer the cost savings of a used vehicle but you don’t want to give up all the perks of a car warranty, you can still enjoy a moderate level of coverage when you choose to shop at a dealership. CPO vehicles come with limited warranty coverage that’s specific to the model. At Bachman Volkswagen, you can enjoy the following:
- Two-year or 24,000-mile comprehensive limited warranty coverage on vehicle models from 2017 or earlier.
- One-year or 12,000-mile comprehensive limited warranty coverage on vehicle models from 2018 or 2019.
- Two-year or 24,000-mile comprehensive limited warranty coverage on models from 2020 or later.
These warranties cover the price of the parts included under the warranty when a repair or replacement is needed. The limited warranty doesn’t cover the cost of labor.
Ample Financing Options
You’ll need to secure financing if you’re purchasing a used car from a private seller. This adds another task to your already oversized to-do list. At a dealership, you can secure car financing on-the-spot for both new and used car purchases. At Bachman Volkswagen, our Fresh Start Buying Program even makes it possible to purchase a vehicle with a low credit score. You can get pre-approved online before you even visit the lot.
If you have questions about financing your vehicle, we can help answer them on the spot. Our team will work with you to find a vehicle with payments that fit your budget. And since we have an entire lot of options, including new and used vehicles, you can typically find something that’s an affordable fit for your family right on-site. This level of flexibility is impossible with a private sale.
Options for Trade-Ins
One of the most valuable dealership benefits is the ability to trade in your existing vehicle and purchase a new one in the same seamless transaction. This allows you to put your current car’s value toward your down payment for an upgraded model. It also ensures that you don’t have to deal with any downtime between vehicles.
If you sell your vehicle privately, you’ll probably have to wait until you’ve purchased a new vehicle to replace it. This means that you can’t put the money from your car sale directly toward the next purchase. Dealerships solve that problem in one fell swoop by providing a streamlined system where you can take care of both tasks in one place.
Get A Volkswagen At Our Dealership
If you’re looking for a new or new-to-you vehicle, we can help. Contact our team at Bachman Volkswagen with the form below for help finding the perfect car for your needs. We have a wide selection of options on our lot. Stop by to test drive your top picks today.
0 comment(s) so far on Benefits of Buying At A Dealership