Auto Technician Careers
Hiring Service Technicians!
Come join our TEAM of top-quality employees and get in with us at a GREAT time to prove your worth and grow with us.
You’ll LOVE working here. We have an AIR CONDITIONED SHOP! Our dealership in Louisville is a busy dealership looking to expand its service department.
Bachman Volkswagen Technician Careers
Place an application with us! Bachman Auto Group has been around since 1985. As a company, we are proud of the atmosphere we have created for our employees. Family values, community involvement, and treating people with respect is just part of the culture we have built over the years.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Medical & Health Savings Account
Medical & Dental
Disability & Life Insurance
Closed on Sundays
Family-owned & family-friendly environment
Competitive pay packages
ASE Certification Reimbursement (Technicians)
– Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with the dealership.
– Test-drive vehicles, Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
– Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components and test and adjust assemblies.
– Consult with managerial, shop foreman and manufacturers and engineers of software programs to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
– Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems in the vehicle.
– Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
– Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
– 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred.
– High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification required.
– B level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair.
– Proficient with Tech 2 and GDS 2.
– Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination.
– Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
– Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies.
– Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve.
– Enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
– Teammate with ability to collaborate with others effectively.
– Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications.
– Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.